Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fathers Day

Fathers day comes along once a year. I remember growing up Fathers Day was the day that my brothers and sister would go out and try to find the perfect gift for Dad. I always had to find the cheesiest fathers day card. One time I found a card that fit him just right . It had a drawing of a pair of yellow wing tipped shoes and a straw hat on the front and the card read:" Happy Fathers Day to the Best Dad in the whole world". I bought the card because he had a pair of winged tipped shoes. You had to know my Dad to enjoy what he said to me. " Hey,do me a favor ? " I said," sure Dad what do you want? "He says, " Go around the shoemaker on 7th st ,"What for?" I asked He says "to get my size 10 wing tip out of your ass" . I still laugh when I think about it. Its the way we got along he was a funny guy. I miss him and his great humor. You really dont know how much you miss someone until they're gone.Happy Fathers Day Dad, I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment