Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Newbold....hidden secret?


Being from South Philly I know a lot about the area, in fact I think I know everything there is to know about South Philly.But there is a section of the neighborhood that you wouldn't even think was there.I am talking about Newbold.Its been a while since I have been through there and in the past 3 or 4 months I have spent some time marketing and meeting the people .The main reason for change in the area ,in my opinion , is the South Philly Tap Room on Mifflin St.The food is great ,the atmosphere is great, and the place has a lot of character. The decor has been tastefully done and the menu is perfect. With outdoor seating it is ideal for summer nights dining and drinks. The prices are very reasonable and service is good. Another place , that I really like, is the new coffee house,Ultimo, on the corner of 15th and Mifflin. The coffee is freshly made to order , it is a wifi hot spot, they also have pastry and sandwiches. The coffee is an international flavor.I spent an hour there last week just sipping coffee and relaxing. I asked the owner how the Cappuccino was. He told me he makes the best , so I brought an expert back , my wife Linda, she agreed. I guess we found a new hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment